If there were ever a day to describe what we do here at Baby's Nest, it would be Earth Day. Our mission at Baby's Nest is to provide information to those seeking a more organic, natural and Eco-friendly lifestyle. We review companies not only based on the health aspect for kids but for the environment as well. We care deeply about the environment and are making it our goal to
leave less of a footprint. We are passionate about living green. We have not always led the most organic life and I admit, there are a few areas left we need to "green". The important thing is that we are moving forward. Even if we are moving slowly, we are still moving. In doing so, we also found that making the switch to organic caused us to become more focused on quality rather than quantity and we've since led a much more minimalist lifestyle. Making the switch to an organic life can seem overwhelming. When you think about it, there is so much to learn and so much to change where do you begin? That was the question we asked ourselves many years ago. Here are some tips for making the change and going green.
1. Do Your Research - Our first step was to pop online and google everything related to organic, natural and Eco-friendly living. At the time there wasn't a ton of information as we jumped on board at the start of this movement. But with perseverance we found some great sites with lots of knowledge. Learn what areas of life will make the most impact right away. Learn what it means to live green. Learn about the resources available to you. Find the guides that will help you through the transition.
2. Start Small - The best place to start is small. Pick one thing to change today, whether it be your shampoo/conditioner, toothpaste, bowls, plates, underwear etc, pick one small thing and make the change. It may seem insignificant to change one small thing, but it is a step in the right direction.
3. Look Locally - Look to your local community for support, there are many Facebook pages and groups within cities that live a green life and are more than willing to help new people on the journey. There are also a lot of small local businesses that are focusing on more of an organic lifestyle, seek them out.
4. Take Time - Understand that it will take time. Making the switch doesn't have to come over night. Figure out your budget and set a plan from there, change one thing a week, or month. Depending on the cost to switch, make one big change per year.
5. Look for deals - Use our resource list to find some businesses and follow them. Many offer sales throughout the year as well as giveaways on their social media accounts. Make sure to also sign up for e-mails as many companies send e-mail subscribers special deals every now and then.
6. Stay Tuned - Make sure to follow us on all of our accounts, we will be posting reviews along with hosting giveaways. It's a great way to start making those small changes.
Connect With Us