"Tubs are for bath time and water-splashy fun. But there's one thing that must Never be done. Poop in the tub, poop in the tub. I'm not gonna poop in the tub." ~Simpsons
Bath time is meant to be fun, though it can get messy. Those first few baths with a new baby can be nerve wracking, afraid the water is too cold or hot, afraid you may drop the baby if they are slippery. As a mom 4 years in, I can tell you, it does get easier. Now I can sit beside the tub surfing Pinterest while my daughter gives her barbies a bath.
1. Shampoo* - Lavender, watermelon, coconut, orange, what scent do you prefer? The best thing about organic and natural shampoo is the scents are not artificial. When it comes to choices, there are actually quite a few in the shampoo department. Our current scent is watermelon from Fresh Monster.
2. Body Wash* - Most companies that carry shampoo also have body wash. Sometimes, especially for smaller babes, companies will have a 2 in 1, a shampoo that also doubles as a body wash. Though, when my daughter was young, we usually limited the body wash to once a week or once every two weeks. Now, with her being 4, most baths include body wash since we play outside in the dirt a lot!
3. Toys - Bath time wouldn't be bath time without toys! Sometime they are a great deterrent for those babes who hate all things water. We currently have Green Toys and Begin Again Toys. I find these toys hold up very well, easy to clean and don't seem to get moldy like some other bath toys.
4. Towel - So you're done with bath time, maybe you survived, maybe there is a minor flood in your bathroom, maybe you need to change your clothes but babe is ready to go, time to dry them off in ultra softness. We may not own any organic towels, but it is on the list of things to get in the next year. I especially love Breganwood Organics towels, they have some really awesome prints. aden + anais, Hey Pomelo, glo Organic and Green Bean Baby also carry organic towels (most also carry organic washcloths as well).
5. Lotion* - When babe is all done, dried off and ready for pjs, make sure to lather that delicate skin up with some lotion. Our go to for any lotion is Happy Rock Holistics herbal healing balm (or baby balm).
*Most companies carry shampoo, body wash and lotion. Though we often change and try new companies, we have found success with Earth Mama Angel Baby, Hugo Naturals, Desert Essence, Fresh Monster, Happy Rock Holistics, Oh My DeVita Baby and Weleda. Each have their own scents, each have their own benefits but whatever one you choose, they all carry a 1 or 2 EWG rating.